Robinson Head is the premier warm-up for the Lent Bumps, open to senior crews from Cambridge University colleges racing in eights, coxed fours, pairs, and single sculls. This year, the race will run on Friday 8th February 2019, with three division time-slots available (14:00, 15:00, and 16:15).
The race runs over the Bumps course, beginning with a rolling start at the Bumps Headship Station to a bow finish at Peter’s Post. The race is ‘head’ style, with a provisional 30s gap between boats.
Results will be posted on this website ASAP after the event has taken place, after which prizes will be awarded to members of the fastest crew the following categories:
- Eights: M1, W1, M2, W2 and lower, M3 and lower
- Coxed fours: Fastest men’s crew and fastest women’s crew
- Pairs: Fastest men’s crew and fastest women’s crew
- Single sculls: Fastest man and fastest woman
Please note: prizes will not be awarded in categories with fewer than 3 entries.
Full details of the race procedures, rules and regulations can be downloaded below:
Entries can be made until registration closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 30th Jan 2019 via the online form found here
Entry fees are £7 per seat, excluding coxes (i.e. £56 per VIII, £28 per IV+, £14 per pair and £7 per scull).
Payment can be made by
- BACS transfer to 20-17-19 (sort code) 10769053 (account number). Please use the reference ‘RH_[yourcollege’sname]’ (e.g. ‘RH_Downing’ or ‘RH_Selwyn’), and SEND A SCREENSHOT CONFIRMING THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN MADE, by email, to Matt Chapman [email protected]. Please note: your entry will not be confirmed until this screenshot has been received.
- Or by cash or cheque (payable to “Robinson College Boat Club”) delivered to Matthew Chapman at Robinson College before Friday 8th February 2019. Please note: your entry will not be confirmed until this payment has been received.
Race numbers will be made available from the control desk at Lady Margaret Boat House from 12:30pm on Friday 8th February 2019.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Robinson Head 2019 Coordinator, Matt Chapman ([email protected]).