Robinson Head – with help from our sponsor Undo – is the premier warm-up for the Lent Bumps, open to senior crews from Cambridge University colleges racing in eights, coxed fours, pairs, and single sculls. This year, the race will run on Friday 31st January 2020, with three division time-slots available: 14:00, 15:00, and 16:15).
The race runs over the Bumps course, beginning with a rolling start at the Motorway Bridge. The clock starts at Headship Station and ends with a bow finish at Peter’s Post. The race is ‘head’ style, with a provisional 30 second gap between boats.
Check back here on the day as results will be posted on this website as the last boat crosses the finish line, after which prizes will be awarded to members of the fastest crew the following categories:
- Eights: M1, W1, M2, W2 and lower, M3 and lower
- Coxed fours: Fastest men’s crew and fastest women’s crew
- Pairs: Fastest men’s crew and fastest women’s crew
- Single sculls: Fastest man and fastest woman
Please note: prizes will not be awarded in categories with fewer than 3 entries.
Full details of the race procedures, rules and regulations can be found below:
Entries can be made until registration closes at 11.59pm on Friday 24th January 2020 via the online form below:
Entry costs are £7 per head, excluding coxes (giving £56 per VIII, £28 per IV+, £14 per pair, and £7 per single scull).
Payment can be made by
- BACS transfer to 20-17-19 (sort code) 10769053 (account number). Please use the reference ‘RH_[yourcollege’sname]’ (e.g. ‘RH_Downing’ or ‘RH_Selwyn’), and SEND A SCREENSHOT CONFIRMING THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN MADE, by email, to Alexia Wilson [email protected]. Please note: your entry will not be confirmed until this screenshot has been received.
- Cash or cheque make payable to “Robinson College Boat Club” delivered to Alexia Wilson at Robinson College before Friday 24th January 2020. Please note: your entry will not be confirmed until this payment has been received.
Race numbers will be made available from the control desk at Lady Margaret Boat House from 12:30pm on Friday 31st January 2020.
Thanks to Undo for sponsoring Robinson College Boat Club and helping make events like this possible. Undo make software reliable, eliminating the guesswork in software failure diagnosis. Check them out.